The pilot’s almost done, and of course this always happens…
"Making films is all about — as soon as you’re finished— continually regretting what you’ve done. When we look at films we’ve made, all we can see are the flaws; we can’t event watch them in a normal way. [laughs]. I never feel like watching my own films again. So unless I start working on a new one, I’ll never be free from the curse of the last one. I’m serious. Unless I start working on the next film, the last one will be a drag on me for another two or three years."
Some of you may have heard that I was in a pretty bad motorcycle accident last week. I got banged up pretty bad, but miraculously my right arm (which is the one I use to draw) came out with only some cuts and bruises.
I’ve had some reconstructive surgery done to my leg, and I’ve got another one scheduled for my left hand tomorrow. My recovery time is supposed to be 6 months or so, but I’ve been up on crutches and even felt well enough to make this little comic.
Thanks to all the people who have reached out with their thoughts and prayers. It has helped immensely in my recovery. Many of you know that I am also a man of faith, and I am convinced that God spared my drawing hand (as well as any head, neck, or back injuries). I’m going to do my best to make the most of what I’ve been given—I’ll be back with the funny soon!
Till then, be good!
Calling all artists for the Nickelodeon Tumblr Fan Art Competition!
Draw your favorite Nickelodeon character, past or present, doing their favorite activity and upload it to your Tumblr using #NickFanArt for the chance to have YOUR art displayed on the screens of the Nick booth at San Diego Comic Con!
Submissions will be accepted until July 11th. Full rules here: http://at.nick.com/1lhZog7
Ready, set, SKETCH!
Good God, who drew that Oonski?!
Dragon/Totoro crossover. Just cause
Just an example of how size and proportion mean nothing in cartoons… even in the same scene.
Left-handed phone doodles.
Chuck Norris’ Principles for Awesomeness (Chun Kuk Do)
- I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.
- I will forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements.
- I will continually work at developing love, happiness and loyalty in my family.
- I will look for the good in all people and make them feel worthwhile.
- I will only speak the best of people.
- I will always be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
- I will maintain an attitude of open-mindedness.
- I will maintain respect for those in authority and demonstrate this respect at all times.
- I will always remain loyal to my God, my country, family and my friends.
- I will remain highly goal-oriented throughout my life because that positive attitude helps my family, my country and myself.
I try to live by these principles every day. I don’t always succeed, but it’s a constant goal.